Snacks are considered comfort food by many people because they’re simple and easy to eat. These snacks are also not just for casual get-togethers. They also make great party treats that your guests will love. Since most casual snacks are bite-sized, your guests can easily get a piece as many times as they like.
Whether you’re in for some casual lunch or movie night, making fast finger food is one of the ways to have a day of fun. Here at Savour Your Region, we have provided a list of some of the most delicious snacks you can make at home. Fast, easy and effortless, these snacks will help you win the hearts of your guests.
With that said, here are some of the snacks you should consider:
Chorizo Queso Potato Skins
If you’re a fan of cheese and fondue, then you should consider making Chorizo Queso Potato Skins! This delicious snack consists of potato skins filled with a cheesy filling.
- Fresh chorizo
- Fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt
- Lager beer
- Pico de gallo
- Gold potatoes
- Olive oil.
- Combine cheese and flour in one bowl
- Cook chorizo in a medium saucepan for 8 to 10 minutes and break them apart using a wooden spoon.
- Add scallions, jalapeño, cilantro and a pinch of salt to the saucepan.
- Whisk the beer and bring to a simmer. Then, add cheese and stir constantly until smooth.
Spaghetti and Meatballs Nests
Make use of your muffin tin without actually baking muffins. Make spaghetti and meatballs nests to discover a dish that allows you to taste spaghetti sauce without slurping the pasta.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Large egg whites
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Shredded mozzarella
- Cocktail-size meatballs
- Marinara sauce
- Kosher salt.
- Cook pasta.
- Which egg white and salt in a medium bowl. Toss with cooked spaghetti to coat, then fold in Parmesan cheese and mozzarella.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of the pasta mixture in each cup of the muffin pan.
- Then, press the pasta down in the centre to create a nest.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the pasta is golden brown.
- Place meatballs at the centre and toss in the marinara sauce.
Sweet potato croquettes
Sweet potato croquettes are crispy and cheesy on the inside, giving you that comfort you’re looking for in a snack. Hear the crunch at every bite when you savour the flavours of this delicious snack.
- Sweet potatoes
- Melted butter
- Leaves sage
- Panko or Japanese bread crumbs
- Large egg
- Canola or vegetable oil
- Grated parmesan cheese and lemon peel.
- Heat the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan to boiling on high. Then, reduce heat to maintain the simmer. Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Mash sweet potatoes using a potato masher. Along with the sweet potatoes, mash butter, sage, 1 cup of panko, salt and pepper.
- Scoop sweet potato mixture, shape them to ovals and roll in panko.
- Heat oil in a wide-bottomed saucepan on medium-high.
- Fry frozen croquettes for 3 to 4 minutes until they’re golden brown.
- After that, sprinkle it with a pinch of salt and parmesan cheese.